Congress has a choice: Make the 1% pay their fair share or enact devastating cuts that hurt seniors, children and working parents.
We need you to:
- Ask members of Congress to stop these cuts.
- Join with others to support services our communities depend on.
Please keep child care services in the spotlight by:
- Making child care an important point in recess meeting with members of Congress
- Collecting–and publishing–child care stories on your web site, in LTEs–and share them nationally.
Proposed cuts include:
- Child care services parents rely on so they can work and children need to succeed in school
- Funding for our schools
- Health care for seniors and low income working families
- Services for people with mental illness and developmental disabilities
Visit http://www.seiu.org/vital-services/ for more information, important tools to get the word out and stay in touch with regular updates.